Past Due: Radio 138 – Top 5 Financial Resolutions
Send me your feedback or leave me a voice mail: (919) 374-0501
I’m not a big fan of New Year’s resolutions – mainly because most of us don’t stick with them. By the end of the first week of January, they’re pretty much an afterthought. However, there are five specific financial objectives that are essential to accomplish in 2011. Doing so will get the new year off to a solid start and generate some financial peace-of-mind.
1) Make a new budget every month (and start saving for Christmas 2011 in January!)
2) Commit to setting goals with your spouse or identifying an accountability partner if single; check out GetNakedBook.com for assistance
3) Teach your kids about money; check out Episode #93 – Kids, Money & The Madness for age-appropriate ideas
4) Get the appropriate term life insurance
5) Get a will and basic estate planning documentation in place; check out the previous show, Episode #137 – Do-Overs: Getting a Will
Thank you for making 2010 a fantastic year for Past Due Radio! It’s a pleasure and privilege to serve you with this show; thank you for the opportunity to do so! Happy New Year; here’s to making 2011 count!